Sunday, December 14, 2008

Butterscotch Crunchies

If you're short on time and you need a holiday cookie these are easy to make, take little time and the best part... no baking required!

I like to add extra cereal because these tend to be a little too sweet for me. If you use the larger package of morsels please do add more cereal amd nuts so the flakes are very thinly coated. These harden up quickly once they chill in the refrig.

Ingredients

1 pkg Nestle’s Butterscotch Morsels (11 or 16 oz)
2 ½ cups Total cereal (small box will make 2 batches)
¾ cup peanuts (dry roasted recommended)

Melt morsels over hot (not boiling) water in a double boiler. Add cereal and peanuts and stir until coated. Drop on waxed paper and chill.

I found this recipe on a card buried in a recipe book from when I was a kid. I have no idea where it came from, but it's one I turn to year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment