Friday, January 30, 2009

Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits Rock!

OK, here's my unhealthy binge for the week. I made Ina Garten's Buttermilk Cheddar biscuits and I have to tell you, they are to die for! The biscuits are moist but also still flaky. They go great for breakfast, with soups or as a snack. My dog begs and begs every time I take one out. The smell is incredible.

If you live in Northern New Jersey, I recommend shopping for a really good cheese at the Maywood Market, downtown Maywood. I used two cheeses to make my biscuits, a Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar and a buttermilk yellow English Farm Cheddar. You can see bits of the Wisconsin Cheddar as you tear open the biscuit, but the English Cheddar integrated right into the batter.

You can find the recipe online at:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/buttermilk-cheddar-biscuits-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment