Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Luke's Roasted Squash, Port & Cream Soup

Luke is a broadcast editor in New York. When he's not crafting a film or television project, he puts on his chef's hat. Coming from the UK, his dishes are rich and hearty.

Luke's recipe:

"Here's my roasted squash, port & cream soup: (the measurements aren't too specific I'm afraid, as it's mostly done by sight!)

1 butternut squash, halved, seeded, scored and seasoned (pepper & olive oil), roasted for 50 mins or so.

Then I make my stock separately, which whatever is around the kitchen....but usually I start with garlic, onion and olive oil as the base, mixed with some regular chicken broth. If I have some ginger around, I might put some of that in too. Then once that's going, and the squash is done, I scoop that into the stock mixture, and leave that on the boil for a bit. Then I blend that, and return it to the pot, and add some port wine (a good glug of it) and some heavy cream to smooth it all out a bit, and that's about it.

Probably not too healthy once I've written it down and seen what's in it. But it's good for the winter months!"

No comments:

Post a Comment